In structural engineering, safety, functionality, and cost estimation are the core concerns. Aside from that, engineers also have to think about time-consuming labors, a gap in communication between teams, and flexibility of the design. These issues can negatively affect the construction processes, thus increasing the time of completion.
How can structural engineers solve these problems? Of course, with the help of structural BIM services. BIM (Building Information Modeling) is a modern technology in which 3D models of real-time objects are created. This revolutionizing has changed the game in the field of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry.
BIM offers multiple benefits in almost all sectors of construction, especially in structural design. Structural BIM services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Steel detailing and designing
- Extraction of structural components
- Creating 3D, 4D, and 5D models
- Clash detection and solution of these clashes
- Quantity takeoffs and Bill Of Materials
Now, let’s explore these points further. BIM can be used to create structural models from other drawings (for example, from architectural drawings), etc. If engineers need to perform rebar modeling and detailing, this will fall under steel detailing and designing.
3D models allow engineers to visualize the design in a graphical environment. They can check the beams, roof frames, shelf angles, wall partition, etc. In this way, they can check for any loopholes, and solve the issue in the pre-construction stage itself.
4D models allow engineers to schedule the processes. This means they can create milestones, activities, and help stakeholders to collaborate within the project. A BIM consulting firmuses 5D models for accurate cost estimation and quantity takeoff. There are multiple benefits of using BIM in structural design. These are:
- Connect the dots from the design to detailing
This means streamlined work procedures and better project management.
- Better coordination and collaboration
You can send the models to your team members so that they will be aware of the changes.
- Enhanced error detection and resolution
Different software tools can be used to see the design in a real-time graphical platform. Here, experts can see the design from all angles to check its suitability, functionality, and reliability. Not only that, but the experts can resolve these issues beforehand.
- Improved quality
The quality of the design and the building will be improved to a significant extent. It does not only affect the structural procedures but architectural procedures during construction as well.
- Saves time and money
BIM can enhance project completion, thus helping clients and other stakeholders save time and money.
As already mentioned, BIM has changed the pace of the construction industry. And it will continue to do so in the coming times as well. If you want to get in touch with a company in this field, check GrassCAD.
Why GrassCAD? Look at these compelling reasons:
- GrassCAD has extensive knowledge in this particular arena, and so it can handle such projects of any caliber.
- Have teams of experienced architects, construction engineers, designers who have access to the latest technologies and resources.
- Have a strong portfolio of different projects with a detailed explanation
- We focus on communication, so we set up a meeting and listen to the requirements of the client.
- We communicate with the clients at every stage, ensuring they are aware of the steps taken.
- We follow a strict protocol while handling projects.
- We believe in delivering the project within time.
- We don’t charge any hidden amount, and we will deliver the project within the declared timeline.
Ensure the reliability of the buildings and infrastructure by focusing on structural BIM. So, what are you waiting for? Consult today and hire the best structural BIM services in Australia.